South Norfolk Council Logo

Householder Planning Enquiry


Go To Section


Items marked mandatory must be completed

If you're planning to extend or make alterations to your home and you don't know what permission, if any, you need - fill out this form with the details. You won't get an instant answer online. Your information will be sent to our officers who will get back to you with details of the permission you need.

You must provide a sketch plan showing us the work you want to do. At the end of this form you will have the option to attach an electronic version of your plan to submit online. Alternatively you will be able to print a copy of this form that you can post to us with a paper version of the sketch plan (if you do not have an electronic copy).

In addition, you should have the following information available before you start to complete the form:
  • dimensions of any previous extensions - measured externally, including height
  • dimensions of any proposed extensions/outbuildings - measured externally, including height
Please note that this form is for householders in the South Norfolk area only. If you live within the broads authority your enquiry must be sent to them.
From 1 April 2021 to complete the submission of the enquiry there will be a fee of £60.
Have you read and understood these terms? mandatory field